- Department of Zoology, University School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-9, India
The structure of the tongue of birds frequently gives some clue to the principal diet and manner of feeding of the species. The tongue is suitably modified for this purpose. A study of anatomy of the tongue of some birds was undertaken to find out the advantageous modifications of the hyoid apparatus and the different sets of the muscles which bring about the movement of the tongue.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie