Fatty acid and amino acid composition of two fairy shrimp species (Crustacea, Anostraca) from Italy: Chirocephalus diaphanus and Chirocephalus kerkyrensis
- 1) Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e dell'Uomo, Universita' La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- 2) Istituto Nazionale per la Nutrizione, via Ardeatina 546, Rome, Italy
The fairy shrimps Chirocephalus kerkyrensis and C. diaphanus show a high EFA concentration as compared with other marine and freshwater organisms. Based on its 18:3w3 and 20:5w3 FA pattern, C. kerkyrensis is comparable with marine-type Artemia; C. diaphanus, on the contrary, is rich in both these essential fatty acids. Both species contain 22:6w3, a fatty acid seldom found in Artemia.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - invertebres