- 1) Institut für Humangenetik der Universität Freiburg i. Br., Freiburg i.Br, Germany
- 2) Dept. of Cancer Research, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middx
- 3) Dept. of Biology, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, Calif
According to their chromosome sets, various members of the fish family Cyprinidae can be classified into two groups, one of which has about 50 chromosomes, the other about 100. In the species endowed with 50 chromosomes, the DNA content per cell ranges from 20 to 38% of that of mammals; this variability is attributed to regionally confined duplications. In the group having about 100 chromosomes, the DNA values comprise about 50% of that of mammals; these species apparently are tetraploid as compared to the former group.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie