Pterygodermatites variabilis n. sp. (Nematoda: Rictularioidea) from the Indian gerbils of Pakistan
- 1) Vertebrate Pest Control Laboratory, Tropical Agricultural Research Institute (Sindh), University Campus, P.O. Box-8401, 75270, Karachi, Pakistan
Pterygodermatites variabilis n. sp. (Nematoda: Rictulalarioidea) from the Indian gerbils Tatera indica collected from Sind and Baluchistan Provinces of Pakistan is described and compared with closely related species of the genus recovered from small mammalian hosts. The new species is characterised by a combination of the following characters: it possesses a regular crown of 26 and 14–38 denticles in male and female specimens respectively, 40–47 pairs of pre-vulvar spines, and a variable position of the vulva in specimens collected from different localities: it also differs in the size of the spicules and gubernaculum.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie