- 1) College of Veterinary Medicine, J. Hillis Miller Health Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
An unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia has been observed ih all species of normal indigo snakes. The plasma clearance of large organic anions such as sulfobromophthalein and unconjugated bilirubin was markedly delayed when compared to other snake species. Endogenous bile flow and biliverdin and bilirubin excretory rates and the excretion of bile pigments after a bilirubin load were measured in various snakes. The indigo snake represents a new animal model in which to study mechanisms important to hepatic anion uptake and biliary transport.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences medicales
- 4 - sarcoidoses. granulomatoses d'etiologie indeterminee. maladies du tissu conjonctif. maladies du tissu elastique. vascularites
- 1 - Health Sciences ; 2 - Medicine ; 3 - Gastroenterology
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology ; 3 - Physiology