Morphometric stepwise discriminant analysis of three genetically identified species within Pseudoterranova decipiens (Krabbe, 1878) (Nematoda: Ascaridida)
- 1) Instituto di Parassitologia, Università di Roma “La Sapienza”, P. le Aldo Moro, 5, 00185, Rome, Italy
- 2) Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica, Università di Roma “Tor Vergata”, Rome, Italy
Univariate and multivariate statistical analyses have been performed on 19 morphometric variables of adult male specimens belonging to three genetically identified species within Pseudoterranova decipiens (Nematoda: Ascaridida) parasitic in the digestive tract of seals. Two morphometric keys are proposed for the identification of the three species. One key, which uses two variables, determines a frequency of error of 3.8% (3/79). The second key, which uses two canonical discriminant functions based on seven variables previously selected with a “stepwise” procedure, gives 100% (76/76) accurate classification.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie