The component fatty acids of the body fats of three typical species of Bombay marine fish were investigated. The saturated acid contents of pala and black pomfret oil were about the same. The black pomfret oil was abnormally high in palmitoleic acid. Linoleic acid was found to be remarkably low in pala and black pomfret oils. In white pomfret the amount of it present was about the same as that of linolenic. Polyunsaturated acids were present in black and white pomfret oils but only present in traces in pala oil.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - productions animales
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemistry ; 3 - Organic Chemistry
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemical Engineering ; 3 - General Chemical Engineering