A new chondrophorine (Cnidaria, Hydrozoa) from the cadiz formation (Middle Cambrian) of California
- 1) Museum of Paleontology, Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, 94720, Berkeley, CA, USA
We describe a new species of chondrophorine hydrozoan,Palaelophacmaea valentinei sp. nov., from the early Middle Cambrian part of the Cadiz Formation of the Marble Mountains of southeastern California. This find extends the stratigraphic range of this genus into the early Middle Cambrian and its geographic range into the western United States. We review various chondrophorine-like fossils and present a tentative chondrophorine phylogeny in light of this find.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie