A new aulopodid species, Hime microps , from the eastern South Pacific, with comments on geographic variations of H. japonica
- 1) P. P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, 117218, Moscow, U.S.S.R.
- 2) All-Union Istitute of Marine Fisheries and Oceanography, 107140, Moscow, U.S.S.R.
A new aulopodid fish,Hime microps, is described after two specimens from the Nazca submarine ridge (25°43?S, 85°29?W at 160–165 m; 25°42?S, 85°24?W at 162–168 m). This species is related toH. japonica andH. curtirostris but differs in having no pyloric caeca and smaller eyes with the horizontal diameter shorter than the snout length. Specimens ofH. japonica from off Japan, the Hawaiian submarine ridge and the Tasman Sea are compared and found to be morphologically identical.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - vertebres: systeme digestif
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Ecology, Evolution, Behavior and Systematics