- 1) Departamento de Química, Universidade Estadual de Maringá, CEP 87.020-900, Maringá, Paraná, Brazil
Lipid and fatty acid levels in the edible flesh of 17 freshwater fish from Brazil’s southern region were determined. Analyses of fatty acid methyl esters were performed by gas chromatography. Palmitic acid (C16:0) was the predominant saturated fatty acid, accounting for 50–70% of total saturated acids. Oleic acid (C18:1?9) was the most abundant monounsaturated fatty acid. Linoleic acid (C18:2?6), linolenic acid (C18:3?3), and docosahexaenoic acid (C22:6?3) were the predominant polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The data revealed that species such as truta, barbado, and corvina were good sources of eicosapentaenoic acid (C20:5?3) and docosahexaenoic acid (C22:6?3), and that most freshwater fish examined were good sources of PUFA ?3.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemistry ; 3 - Organic Chemistry
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemical Engineering ; 3 - General Chemical Engineering