Feeding habits of longfin gurnard, Aspitrigla obscura (L.1764), along the Catalan coast (north-western Mediterranean)
- Institute of Aquatic Ecology & Dept. of Environmental Sciences, University of Girona, 17071, Girona, Spain
The stomach contents of 372 specimens of Aspitrigla obscura (collected at quarterly intervals) have been analyzed to determine diet according to fish size and season. The results show that crustaceans (%No = 96%, %Weight = 76%) are the basic food. For all sizes, half of diet is assured by necto-benthic crustaceans. In smaller sizes, the remaining half is formed by planktonic species, whilst in larger sizes they are substituted by nycthemeral migrators. The importance of planktonic prey is greater in the winter sample than in the other samples. In every size, the feeding intensity is greater in the midday sample than in the morning one.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie