Studies on bucephalid digeneans parasitising molluscs and fishes in Finland. II. The description of Rhipidocotyle fennica n. sp. and its discrimination by principal components analysis
- 1) Department of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, SW 7 5BD, London, UK
- 2) Department of Biology, University of Jyväskylä, SF-40100, Jyväskylä, Finland
Rhipidocotyle fennica n. sp. (= Rhipidocotyle Type A of Taskinen et al., 1991) from the intestine of Esox lucius in central Finland is described and compared by means of a principal components analysis (PCA) with R. campanula (= Rhipidocotyle Type B of Taskinen et al., 1991). Its cercaria develops in the bivalve Anodonta anatina and the metacercaria occurs in the skin and fins of Rutilus rutilus. The metacercaria is discriminated from that of R. campanula by PCA and is described along with aspects of the chaetotaxy of the cercaria. The new species is distinguished from R. campanula, R. kovalae, R. papillosa and R. septpapillata.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - invertebres