Early permian brachiopod and molluscan species from the bap formation of peninsula India
- 1) Department of Geology and Mineralogy, University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
- 2) Geology Division, KDMInstitute of Petroleum Exploration, Kaulagarh Road, Dehra Dun, India
Six brachiopod species and one bivalve are described from the Bap Formation of Rajasthan, including new speciesArctitreta bapensis andStrophalosiaperfecta, and a new genus and speciesLamniplica punctata (Family Paraspiriferinidae). The age is shown to be probably mid Asselian, in concordance with palynomorph evidence for correlation with theGranulatisporites confluens Zone of Australia and other parts of Gondwana in South America and Africa. The fauna is thus older than all other known Permian faunas found in Peninsula India.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie