The pattern of microdistribution of 4 species of marine copepods in a small inlet was investigated, based on water samples of 20 l collected successively with a plankton pump. The distribution of each species in a limited area seemed to be related to the hydrographic conditions to some extent; on the other hand, a pattern of non-random and contagions distributions was also clearly indicated. The aggregation of organisms has considerable ecological significance in measurement of the zooplankton production in the sea and the feeding of fish larvae.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Environmental Science ; 3 - Ecology
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Aquatic Science
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Ecology, Evolution, Behavior and Systematics