Helminth parasites of rodents in Kuwait with the description of a new species Abbreviata kuwaitensis (Nematoda: Physalopteridae)
- 1) Commonwealth Institute of Helminthology, St. Albans, Herts, England
- 2) Department of Zoology, University of Kuwait, Kuwait
Abbreviata kuwaitensis n.sp. from the stomach of Gerbillus cheesmani and Meriones crassus in Kuwait is close to A. leiperi but differs from it in the shape and size of the spicules, the position of the vulva and the size of the eggs. The larval stage of Taenia endothoracicus is reported for the first time from the body-cavity of G. cheesmani. Hymenolepis diminuta was found in the intestine of Meriones crassus for the first time. Thirty Cheesman's gerbils (Gerbillus cheesmani Thomas, 1917) and 10 Sundervall's jirds (Meriones crassus Sundervall, 1842) were examined in August 1976 for helminth parasites in the State of Kuwait. One species of adult nematode and one adult and one larval cestode were found.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - invertebres