- 1) University Clinics, Basler Children's Hospital, Römergasse 8, CH-4005, Basel, Switzerland
- 2) Institute for the Study of Andrology, Oristalstrasse 87a, CH-4410, Liestal, Switzerland
The epididymis is one of two organs which during the process of development in certain mammalian species descends from the dorsal abdominal wall into the scrotum. This phenomenon may or may not be accompanied by the testis during the descent, and it requires androgens. Androgen deficiency experimentally achieved induced cryptoepididymis. Both, experimentally with E2B induced as well as naturally occurring cryptoepididymis can be successfully treated with either HCG or LH-RH or a combination of both.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Health Sciences ; 2 - Medicine ; 3 - Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health